Benefits Of Polycarbonate In Agriculture
In the past, greenhouses were made of glass and polyethylene film. But, this isn’t the case anymore! Glass is heavy-weight and breakable and can’t withstand stones and hail. And, polyethylene causes white pollution and needs to be replaced every two years. All these deficiencies and inadequacies are compensated by polycarbonate greenhouse panels, which have become the new material for agricultural structures like greenhouse, livestock breeding and animal feeding.
Polycarbonate sheets are known for their high impact strength, light-weight, durability, flexibility, outstanding light transmission and excellent flame resistance. It is a thermoplastic polymer that can be easily moulded and shaped. Greenhouses built with polycarbonate not only save energy but also, have a very good damage resistance and great impact. Even after 10 years of usage, light loss will not exceed more than 7%! In fact, polycarbonate can save 40% more energy than glass! This material can maintain its stability between temperatures ranging from -40 to 120 degrees. So, what more do you want!?
How is polycarbonate better than glass?
Other than the benefits mentioned above, there are many more advantages that polycarbonate has over glass. Let us learn about them in detail.
- Durability – Glass may crack or break in case of hail, stone or a baseball hit. It may even break while installing or fixing if not taken care. Polycarbonate on the other hand is very durable and can withstand damage and scratch.
- Assembling and designing – Because polycarbonate is highly durable and flexible, it can be assembled and fixed without any special care. Its flexibility also provides a wide range of options to shape and design the structure.
- Heat distribution – Polycarbonate ensures that the light rays coming within the structure are equally distributed and spread evenly throughout the building. When used in greenhouses, it helps plants to grow faster at a uniform rate. Moreover, it has a UV filter coating, thus there is no need to worry about providing an additional shading to protect the plants.
Applications of polycarbonate in agricultural structures and others
- Vegetation – Polycarbonate helps vegetables to grow healthy by providing a sound environment with sufficient light and protection from UV rays.
- Ecological parks – Polycarbonate sheets bring a feeling of spring even in harsh winters when ecological parks are covered with them.
- Animal shelter – Polycarbonate sheets improve the temperature within the structure, thus enhancing animal growth and improving economic benefits. They are therefore widely used in cowsheds, hen houses and pigsties.
- Human shelter – Not only animals, but polycarbonate is great for providing humans with protection against windy and freezing weather too. People living near the Arctic build their homes under polycarbonate sheds for fighting the cold.
Tuflite Polymers Polycarbonate Sheets
Tuflite Polymers is a leading name in the construction material industry for providing roofing, flooring and ad building materials for more than 2 decades. It has been providing excellent quality materials ranging in solid textured polycarbonate, multiwall polycarbonate, corrugated profiled polycarbonate, architectural systems polycarbonate, UPVC corrugated and UPVC synthetic sheets. Polycarbonate greenhouse panels from Tuflite Polymers offer a number of benefits to people in the agricultural field. They possess a number of great features that include –
- Excellent light reflection property
- Resistance against scratching and marking
- Brilliant chemical resistance property, thus rust-proof
- Easy maintenance with smooth surface for easy cleaning
- Highly durable and non-flammable
- Highly glossy and attractively finished look